Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quilt Happy

After an impressive first few weeks of blogging in January I totally flaked off. Sorry blog. Time to refocus my efforts on all that I want to accomplish this year. Speaking of which, remember when I told you what my New Year's Resolutions are? Well for the past month and a bit I've been doing some research, thinking about what kind of quilt I want to sew. My mom took a book out of the library for me and I've been reading through it to give myself a little overview of all the things I don't know about quilting; which is pretty much everything. No, I did not know what it meant to "stitch in the ditch". Anyway, with the snow closing in on me I figure it's time to order up some books and get started on some projects.

I liked what I saw in this book. This video gets me excited about quilting. I feel like I'm watching the trailer for a movie that I really really want to see. Have a peek:


I'm also going to pick up this book to have a resource/how-to guide on hand:


I had my eye on this book as well but figured I would get my start with the first two and wait until I need some new projects/inspiration:


I was a little curious to see how I'd do with finding modern and interesting patterns and fabrics. A lot of people discount quilting as something only old women would do. In fact, Dave's reaction to my New Year's Resolution was "you're like an 80-year-old woman". That may be but with Spring feeling a million miles away I could use a little indoor distraction and inspiration.

I hope Amazon gets these gems to me in a jiffy!

1 comments:

Bryan Raydio said...

you're like an 80 year old woman.