Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Saturday....

The other day when David and I were roaming through the mall, killing time until our movie we saw a sign that was showing what it is supposed to look like after its 13 million dollar face lift (we're not impressed so far). Anyway, they had photoshopped celebrities into the scene. Apparently, if you invest 13 million dollars into the Regent Mall, Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake will come to shop. At least that's the plan.... Sadly, the picture is not on their website. I sure hope they renovate their logo.......

Horsing around today was fun. Gail is having me do so many different things and as a result I am learning a lot very quickly. Nothing like diving in head first! One of the most interesting experiences was when we were (free) longeing the two younger ones and I had never done it before and Toby was a little wound up and ended up going a little wild at one point. It ended fine though. I'm looking forward to trying it again now that I have the first time under my belt. It was a weird sensation though. I've watched Gail and Dawn longe the horses before but watching and doing are two completely different things. I am standing in the center of the circular pen and he is running in circles on the perimeter, with me keeping my eye on him the whole time, spinning the circle with him and giving commands as I go with my arms (you use a whip but just as an extension of your arm). Anyway, as you spin as the horse circles, everything in the background starts to blur and it really feels like it's just you and the horse. It was a very strange sensation. We did a bunch more groundwork with them and then took them for a walk across the road and down a long dead-end road that leads to a field where we let them graze for a bit and then headed back. It was a really nice morning. I think tomorrow I am going to hit the Appaloosa Horse Show at the exhibition grounds. Should be interesting....

In other news, I have been wearing my rubber boots when I go out riding, and the cheapies I've been sporting aren't going to cut it for long. They fit when I put them on but end up starting to squeeze my feet after a bit, my feet sweat more than is probably natural and after the long walk we went on today, I had blisters forming. Suffice it to say that they need to be replaced. Now, I don't support the movement towards people wearing expensive Wellies for fashion but I was curious as to just how superior they are to the ordinary cheapies. When I was in Montreal these Hunter ones caught my eye. And I'm still rather smitten with them. And I want them. And I see nothing wrong with having an expensive pair of Wellies if you use them for the purpose they were intended. :)

And I'm off to do all those things I vowed I would do today and haven't....

0 comments: