Friday, March 18, 2011

Week in Review

After a couple weeks of taking care of Dave while he was on the mend, I finally feel like things are starting to get back to normal. We reassembled our house from its temporary infirmary state and I managed to muster up the energy to give it an all-over scrub (which it needed).

This week Dave went back to work and last week's perils seem a million miles away. Now that I have some more time (and energy) I've decided to work on some Spring cleaning and organizing. This week's task was the bathroom as the shelves in our linen cabinet were getting unmanageably full and the sink cabinet was getting a tad disorganized. It only took about 20 minutes and I managed to haul a full garbage bag out of there. So many partially used products that were just wasting space! It's crazy to me how much I had since I'm not someone to waste money on tons of products.

Bathroom Purge 2011 - Crazy right?!
Next up - Bedroom which shouldn't be too bad since I fairly recently did a closet clean-out/purge but you never know. I'll surely share the deets when the time comes, whether you want them or not! 

On Wednesday Dave came home from work with supper and a thank-you present for me for taking such good care of him:

A bouquet and a very generous and thoughtful half-day at the spa. So very much appreciated. I can't wait. I was so excited that I went out and bought something that I've been lusting after for a long while. A bit of a splurge on a luxury item. Yes, I went all out and went crazay and bought myself a new electric toothbrush and have been feeling fresh-from-the-dentist clean ever since. (I used an Oral B electric toothbrush for 8 or 9 years until it died and my toothbrushing experience just hasn't been the same since.) I'm so frivolous and wild with finances and life in general. :P

Oral B Triumph 9900 with SmartGuide

So spring is in the process of springing, the time has changed, the days are long(er) and I have some fun planned for this weekend. All in all a pretty swell week. I hope the sun is shining on  you!

1 comments:

Bryan Raydio said...

at first i couldn't tell if that was a tooth brush or a rectal thermometer. i'm glad it's just a tooth brush. i was worried.