Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Double Chocolate Biscotti


I usually do quite a bit of baking around the holiday season. I like giving out trays of sweets as gifts and just having lots of goodies on hand for guests. This year I hardly did any. And now that the holidays are over I feel like baking up a storm! I really wanted to get some biscotti whipped up before Christmas but it didn't happen. I managed to throw a batch together the other day and considering they were my first foray into biscotti-land, I'd say they turned out pretty darn good. I had shopped around for recipes online looking for the most popular/highest reviewed and had my eye on a couple. I ended up using this one though because pretty much all of the ingredients are things I generally have in my pantry. The recipe claims it yields three dozen cookies but I would say that even two is a stretch (I ended up with about 20). I used 1 teaspoon of baking powder instead of 2 following advice I found in comments and I used white chocolate chips instead of squares (4 squares equals out to about 2/3 cup) and because I was feeling a bit adventurous I decided to drizzle some melted chocolate over one side of them. My drizzling skills left much to be desired but the extra chocolate does make them that tiny bit more decadent.

2 comments:

Bryan Raydio said...

looks great. are you all excited now that you have a statcounter on here or something? you've already posted more than last january and we just started.

Natty said...

That would be because I started this blog at the very end of last January Bray. And no stat counter- just the info Blogger provides but yes, I am posting with renewed enthusiasm.