Monday, July 26, 2010

Pepperoni and Cheese

When we first found our place we both called our parents to let them know we'd be moving and to tell them where. BOTH of their first reactions were, "I don't know, that's a bit of a bad neighbourhood". At first I shrugged it off but as we got that comment more and more I started to get a little paranoid. What were we getting ourselves into? As I do with most things in life, I turned to google and searched our street, our neighbourhood, etc. for some insight into the goings on in our then soon-to-be neighbourhood. Here is the article I found:

Follow the pepperoni

Published Friday November 20th, 2009

By HEATHER MCLAUGHLIN

The bad guys made off with the dough Thursday night.

No weapons were involved and there were no threats of violence, but a couple of hungry thieves snatched $60 worth of New England brand pizza from the hands of a Capital Deliveries driver during the early evening.

Sgt. Matt Myers of the Fredericton Police Force said the driver had been dispatched to the Murray Avenue area when a couple of males grabbed the food from the driver's grasp and fled with it on foot.

Police are treating the incident as a theft and are asking for public assistance in tracking down the men with the munchies.

Anyone with information may call police headquarters at 460-2300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

So funny. I know some people would say that it is horrible to laugh at that. And a crime is a crime. And yadda yadda. But I'm not one of those people. It made me feel like I live in a funny neighbourhood instead of a rough one.

I wonder if Heather McLaughlin always dreamed that one day she would sit at a desk and dream up pizza puns. 

3 comments:

Natty said...

Also:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/life-for-pizza-theft-enrages-lawyers-1609876.html

Bryan Raydio said...

it's obvious the american legal system is a complete joke. i also laughed at your story. i have a better pizza "theft" story i'll tell you some time.

hydroponicthehedgehog said...

The best quote:

"Police are treating the incident as a theft and are asking for public assistance in tracking down the men with the munchies."

I'm sure there are a lot of men with the munchies around that neighborhood !